Conformation Judges Committee
Conformation Judges Committee Members
Chair Mr Bill Smith
Deputy Chair Mrs Sharron Taylor Z3
Mr Andrew Brown
Ms Patrice Johansen
Mr Jodie Wilshier
Mrs Julie Ireland
Mr Tim Thomas
Mrs Sue Hewinson
Mrs Helen Weil
Dr Vicki Knopke
Mrs Louise Dorr
Mrs Jane Armatys Z2
Conformation Judges Committee Meeting Dates
*Meeting to start @ 6:30pm on these nights, any amendments will be posted here prior to meetings for confirmation.
Conformation Judges Documents
Judges Regulations & Training Dates 2018/19
Distance Education Program
Distance Education Judges Training Profile Form
Distance Training Breed Essay & Lecture Form
Welcome to Judges' Training
Judges Etiquette & Ringcraft
ANKC Glossary of Canine Terms
Distance Education Mentoring Scheme
Sample Exam Questions - All Groups
Below are sample exam papers for each of the 7 Groups. It should be noted that the sample exam questions were prepared in October 2014 using current versions of the Breed Standards at that date. Inaccuracies may occur after this date of preparation as breed standards are periodically revised.
Study Helpers Documents - All Groups
Group 1: Part A
Group 2: Part A
Group 3: Part A
Group 4: Part A
Group 5: Part A
Group 6: Part A
Group 7: Part A
1. At the end of each calendar year, the Committee shall review the previous 12 months’ activities and prepare a comprehensive written report, together with proposals for the work plan for the following year to the Board. The Committee shall review the objectives that it is hoping to achieve in the year ahead and shall provide a written report for the Board on these goals.
2. The Committee is responsible to the Board of the CCC(Q) Ltd and reports directly to the Board;
3. All members of the Committee are appointed by the Board of the CCC(Q) Ltd for a two year term. Such term shall commence from the date of the AGM of CCC(Q) Ltd Members in March each year;
4. The President and Secretary of the CCC(Q) Ltd shall be ex-officio members of the Committee;
5. The Board shall have the power to remove at its discretion any member of the Committee;
6. The Board requires each member of the Committee to sign a Confidentiality Agreement;
7. The Board shall have the authority to intervene in the affairs of the Committee if it considers such action is necessary;
8. The Committee shall have the authority to co-opt extra assistance for specific tasks but the presence of persons co-opted at Committee meetings shall not constitute membership of the Committee;
9. The Committee shall work closely with and liaise with other Committees as often as is necessary to ensure the smooth fulfilment of its objectives and of the CCC(Q) Ltd‘s objects;
10. Accurate minutes of all meetings of the Committee are to be kept and forwarded to the Secretary of the CCC(Q) Ltd for distribution to members of Board;
11. Committees, other than those which have dedicated bank accounts which have been approved by the Board of the CCC(Q) Ltd, are not able to authorise any expenditure. Approval for such expenditure can only be made by the Board of the CCC(Q) Ltd;
12. In relation to bank accounts:
a. A dedicated bank account can only be held in a Committee’s name if the Committee has received prior Board approval to have a bank account in its name;
b. At least one current member of the Board is a signatory to the bank account as well as the Secretary of the CCC(Q) Ltd. Two signatures are required, one of which must be the Secretary or Director;
c. Committees which have a dedicated bank account, can only use that account within the limitations that have been laid down by the Board;
13. It shall be the responsibility of the Chairperson of the Committee to keep the Board fully informed of any matters pertaining to the operation of the Committee. In that respect:
a. The Chairperson shall report to the Board at its regular meetings in writing on any matters considered as being necessary to warrant the attention of the Board;
b. At the Board meeting immediately following the end of each quarter, the Chairperson shall provide for the Board a brief written report on what the Committee has achieved in the preceding quarter;
14. Committees are established at the discretion of the Board to meet a requirement in the fulfilment of the Objects of the CCC(Q) Ltd. If the Board considers that a Committee is no longer serving a useful purpose in meeting those Objects, the Board shall have the right to disband that Committee forthwith.
1. The Conformation Judges Committee is responsible to the Board of the Canine Control Council (Queensland) Ltd.
2. Its responsibilities include:
• Maintaining an oversight on all matters associated with the Conformation discipline.
• Coordinate/conduct the Conformation Judges Training programme and examinations.
• Make recommendations to Council on Judges Training, examinations, licences, breed standards and the conduct of conformation exhibitions.
• Provide advice to all interested members about Judges education.
• Provide a representative for ANKC Meetings as required
• Consider matters referred by the Board and provide reports and recommendations.