Job Advertisement - Casual Minute Taker
MINUTE TAKER (Monthly Board Meetings)
• Ongoing Casual Opportunity (10 - 15 hours/month)
• 5:00pm to 10:00pm, end of Each Month - Durack
• Type up the Minutes of Meetings and Amendments from Home.
About the Business:
Dogs Queensland is a Not For Profit organisation providing co-ordinated information and details relating to the Breeding and Showing of dogs throughout Queensland. With significant membership, Committees and links to Clubs, Dogs Queensland is regarded as the industry authority.
About the Role:
This is an ONGOING opportunity for an experienced Minute Taker to attend the Monthly Board Meetings and take the minutes, type up ready for distribution and make any required amendments.
This is an excellent role for someone who is semi-retired, a stay at home mum or a professional Virtual Assistant.
Ideally you will have previous experience taking minutes at a Board level with demonstrated experience in a Not For Profit organisation being advantageous.
The Monthly Board Meetings are usually held on the 4th Monday of each month at the Durack Dog Complex, starting at 5:00pm and running until around 10:00pm. You will then be required to produce the typed minute report within 24 to 48 hours – along with any identified amendments (this would be done from home).
Your Skills, Attributes and Requirements:
• Demonstrated experience taking Minutes at a Board level (short hand is preferred but not essential).
• Previous experience in a Not For Profit Organisation will be highly regarded but not essential.
• MUST be AVAILABLE to attend the Monthly Board Meeting at Durack from 5:00pm until at least 10:00pm, usually held on the 4th Monday of the month.
• MUST be AVAILABLE to attend other Meetings from time to time approximately 4 times a year, e.g. AGM.
• MUST be able to produce the typed Minute reports within 24 to 48 hours after the meeting – and available to make required amendments with quick response timing.
• Proven ability to take and produce accurate and Detailed Board Minutes for distribution.
• Professional and mature attitude with a demonstrated understanding of Confidentiality.
• Efficient, Reliable, Flexible and Ethical.
What’s on Offer:
• Opportunity for regular ongoing Out of Hours work – 10 to 15 hours/month.
• An hourly rate of $27-$35 will be offered to the successful candidate, dependant on experience.
If this role sounds like the opportunity you've been looking for, please submit your application Now to email@example.com.
Please note that only applicants meeting the criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short-listing process.
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential. Thank you in advance for your interest.
Message from the Board to Zone 3 Members
During the last 2 months, the Dogs Queensland Board has received no fewer than 5 separate Show Manager's Reports detailing incidents that have occurred at various Zone 3 Conformation Shows.
Some of the incidents noted are;
· Unacceptable behaviour towards Show Officials,
· Unacceptable behaviour towards other Exhibitors,
· Unacceptable remarks on Social Media towards Show Officials,
· Unacceptable remarks on Social Media towards Exhibitors.
Of particular concern is reported undesirable behaviour, comments and Social Media activity that has impacted on our young members in relation to all Junior Handler competitions.
The Board has been left with no other alternative than to act on these reports and as a result has cancelled the Junior Handler Competition scheduled this weekend, Sunday 4 October at the Grounds Committee of Dogs Queensland Amenities - Zone 3 Shows at the Ingham Showgrounds. In addition to this, there will be no further Junior Handler Competitions or Classes at Zone 3 Shows until further notice.
If these ongoing incidents do not cease, the Board will consider further action including denial of further Junior Handler Competitions and Classes in 2016 and potential cancellation of Conformation Shows.
Lastly, whilst the Board is empathetic to the smaller size of Conformation Shows in Zone 3, exhibitors simply have to come forward to assist at Shows. Show Managers, Stewards and Writers are desperately needed to allow Clubs to continue to run Shows. If you wish to assist, please contact the Dogs Queensland Office who will forward your details to the Event Managers and Stewards Committee.
Dog & Puppy of the Year Final Information
Members, please note that the final date for acceptance of entries has been extended to 5:00pm on Wednesday 30 September.
Please CLICK HERE to view a document prepared by the Dog of the Year Committee regarding the forthcoming Dog and Puppy Of Year events from Friday 23 to Sunday 25 October.
The smorgasbord menu for the Saturday evening meal is now available as follows:
Freshly baked Turkish Bread rolls
Chicken – Boneless Chicken stuffed with Apricot & Macadamia Nuts
Beef – Prime MSA Rib Fillet with Mustard & Fresh Herbs
Fish – Baked Atlantic Salmon Fillet with Hollandaise
Baked Rosemary Potatoes
Trio of Roasted Vegetables – Sweet Potato, Zucchini and Caramelised Onion
Cauliflower & Cheese
Green Bean Salad – Fresh Crispy Green Beans, Roasted Capsicum, Spanish Onion, Toasted Almonds, Orange Segments & Honey
Mars Bar Cheesecake
Mango & Coconut Torte
Apple Pie with Custard
Adults: $45 per person
Children (5–12 years): $25 per person
Children (5 and under): Free of charge
The Committee has been working very hard to make this year's event special – this is Queensland's premier dog event and it will be a great night.
Tables are being booked up fast, so book early to secure a table with your friends.
Please contact Jodie Wilshier to book your dinner tickets at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment by Credit Card, cheque or money order for the dinner must be forward to the Dogs Queensland office.
Recent Videos Available - BIS for DOY Support Shows 19/20 Sep
Please be advised that there are some recent videos available on the Dogs Queensland YouTube Channel from Durack. The Best in Show Judging from the two Dog of the Year Support Shows on Saturday 19 & Sunday 20 September are both there for viewing.
Please CLICK HERE to be taken direct to the Dogs Queensland YouTube Channel. This link is also available on this website under About Us.