Open Show Finale Event in November 2017
BEST OF WINNERS – Group, Puppy and Neuter – NOVEMBER 2017
(Final Date TBA)
2017 sees the return of a finale event for winners in Open Shows, previously known as the Open Show Spectacular. It is aimed at acknowledging Dogs Queensland members and winning canines who regularly enter Open Shows for the benefit of trainee Judges and their education.
This year, the events will be completely separate to the DOTY and POTY events, as a reflection of Dogs Queensland members' feedback from previous years.
In total, there will be three events run – Best of Winners, Puppy Best of Winners and Neuter Best of Winners.
In each of the below categories (Best of Winners & Puppy Best of Winners), 24 representatives from each Group will be invited based on a points tally. The following are the criteria for qualification:
Best of Winners
• Points are accumulated by winning Best in Group (5 points) and Runner Up to Best in Group (3 points) at any Open Show in Queensland.
• In the case of equal points, the position will be filled by the dogs that scored points over the most number of Open Shows.
Puppy Best of Winners
• Points are earned by winning Best Baby Puppy in Group, Minor Puppy in Group or Puppy in Group (1 point) at any Open Show in Queensland (only puppies over 6 months old can compete at the event).
• In the case of tied points, the puppies with the tied points will be judged prior to the rounds commencing by a separate Open Show Judge to fill the 24 spots.
Neuter Best of Winners
• Comes from BIG or RUBIG in any Championship or Open Show Dogs Queensland Event. ALL qualifiers will receive an invitation to the finals day.
The points score qualifying period will commence from 1 January 2017 and run to 16 October 2017.
Best of Winners and Puppy Best of Winners format is as follows:
• 24 dogs from each Group will be drawn against each other (similar to DOTY);
• There will be 3 Judges selected from the Queensland Open Show Judges panel;
• In each Group, there will be 3 rounds, leaving 3 dogs remaining;
• To minimise the risk of losing a super dog in an early round, the three Group Judges will select one eliminated dog each that they believe was their best eliminated dog to also proceed to the final round;
• Ultimately, 6 dogs from each Group will proceed to the Final Rounds;
• The final round will be judged by another 3 Judges who are nearing the completion of their All Breeds Judges Licence. At the end of this final round, 3 dogs will remain;
• 2 of these dogs will compete against each other and the dog that loses this round will compete against the remaining exhibit. The winner of this round will compete against the winner from the previous round for the Title of Open Show Best of Winners 2017.
Neuter Best of Winners format is as follows:
• Knockout rounds (similar to DOTY) until a winner is crowned.
This competition will be held in hope of plenty of spectators, plenty of excuse for cheering and fun; music, food and merriment along with keen and healthy competition.
An evening to remember.
The Committee is actively seeking great prizes and spectacular Rosettes that will make entries to Open Shows and Neuter events something to gear your best dogs up for.
Donations of money or prizes will be gratefully accepted.
Contact the Co-ordinator, David Kill with any queries of issues by telephone on 0428 311 827 or email to email@example.com.
Results are to be sent to Roslyn Seare by email please: firstname.lastname@example.org.